Sunday, December 7, 2014

#blacklivesmatter

A few days ago my mom came to pick me up from the Howard L station, on the border of Evanston and Chicago, and told me that she made an illegal U-turn right infront of a police man, but that he didnt even give her a warning. I can't help but think what would have happened if my mom had been a black person instead. Would they have gotten off "Scott free" like my mom?

With so much going on in the news about police brutality and the murders of non-threatening black people like Eric Garner or Michael Brown, its hard not to think that the police man would have fined a black person just because of their skin color.

How is it that it feels like we've made no progress with racism and the equality of all skin colors as a country, over the past 50 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment